Friday, October 28, 2005

August 7, 2005

Radiation has been interesting from the standpoint that I am required to be at a certain place at a certain time each day.  It is a challenge to be on time every day.  But I  sense that for the radiation technicians I am a slightly different patient than the norm. They sort of laugh when I come in each day-- I fly in there in a rush, change my clothes in about 25 seconds,  kick my shoes in the corner (and they always have comments about my shoes) and then I hop up on the table to get my daily dose.  Sometimes I haven't had time for lunch, so I look for the double chocolate freshly baked cookies that the AMC volunteers put in the waiting room (I know, it's not the best lunch in the world, but I can address my bad eating habits after all the treatments are over).

Radiation makes me more tired than chemo, but I am doing OK.  I am still teaching my indoor biking class, and I decided that I will start running this week on the days I don't got to the Y -- on top of everything I now have osteoporosis in my hip bone and I have to start some impact work.  I'll probably take our semi-retarded younger dog with me (we have two black Standard Poodles, and she is the one that we adopted through a pet rescue group in Kentucky last year--OK so she isn't really retarded, but it sometimes seems that way -- she's a 55-pound stuffed-animal-like creature).  I think I will be done with radiation on the 30th.

Charlie and Jane got through their musicals this summer and now football starts for Charlie this week.  So it will be busy for us.  If any of you know someone who is looking for a house, tell them that the house we bought next door will be on the market within the next week.  It is a gorgeous 4-BR, 3-Bath tri level with a great yard and great neighbors (!!)

No comments: