Friday, October 28, 2005

March 6, 2005

============
Surgery went well.  I left the hospital mid-afternoon on Saturday.  The toughest part was the backache I got from sleeping on the too-soft mattress while at the hospital.  If you can call it sleeping – they came in every couple hours to either check vitals or administer more IV meds.  So it’s good to be home.

Ray did a great job with the surgery.  I am still laughing to myself about our pre-op chat.  Rather than talk only about the surgery like most of the other patients in pre-op, we talked mostly about what music we wanted to have playing on his iPod during the surgery.  It was really important to have our priorities straight :- )  

The kids have spent the weekend split between the Davis and the Griffin households, which has given me the chance to rest and gave them the chance to have fun with friends (and it gave John the chance to play nurse).  I am still puzzled by the voo-doo thing was that Grace and Jane were working on when I talked to Jane on Saturday afternoon.  Maybe Kathy will have to tell me about that again when I have fewer meds flowing through my system….

There are drains in two spots which have been the most uncomfortable part of the recovery.  One is at my chest and one near my armpit.  Ray took out three lymph nodes, two of which had evidence of cancer cells.  The drains will hopefully come out in the next couple days.  When they are removed, I think I will be much more comfortable.

Thanks for the cards, phone calls, notes, etc!!

P.S. Click on the "Century Club" link on the left for info about a fundraiser for the Komen Foundation!

No comments: