Friday, October 28, 2005

May 27, 2005

Only three more chemo sessions to go.  This week was a bit tougher; I seem to be experiencing more nausea now.  Yesterday I felt like crap, so I ate oyster crackers most of the day.  It’s like being pregnant without choosing names and getting a big belly.

I think I am finally done with the shoe addiction.  John looked at me the other day and said, quietly and politely, “No more shoes.”  I knew he was right, but I did need to tell him that, while I am not ordering any more shoes, a few more pairs may be arriving in the mail.  Stopping is OK – I have a kick-ass collection of shoes right now.  However if you’re a chick, you know how it goes…no matter how many shoes you have, you will end up with an outfit that you just don’t have the perfect shoes to match.  But I will muddle through somehow….

I am down to 8 wigs at this point.  I sent one of them to my mother-in-law’s friend, Janice.  Janice has been battling cancer for awhile now, but had never worn a wig.  She recently acquired a grey/silver one, so I thought she should have a red one too (it was one of the wigs I never photographed for this website).  And I donated another one back to the program at one of the hospitals; it was the first one I bought that looked like the haircut I had at diagnosis….why would I want to look like that when I have so many other options now??  These were two wigs that I found myself never choosing to wear – I am much more fond of the others.

Happy Memorial Day!

Love
Val

No comments: